This mid-level position serves as a primary point of contact between Polaris Automation and assigned client accounts. Polaris Automation strives to build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships. Accordingly, the Account Manager’s responsibilities include maintaining and expanding assigned client relationships and developing new business opportunities either directly, by referral, or via outbound prospecting. The successful candidate will be able to describe his or her substantial career accomplishments in this aspect within a business-to-business sales environment over a period of at least five years.
As a values-based company with a strong team culture, we look at a candidate’s interpersonal skills, self-motivation and positive attitude as crucial evaluation criteria. This person must be skilled at collaborating with and motivating others in a positive and productive manner, to achieve both client success outcomes and internal company goals. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package and an incentive compensation plan tied to goal achievement.
All candidates’ qualifications will be assessed against these success criteria:
- Consistently achieving revenue and profitability goals
- Identifying, pursuing and capturing follow-on and new business opportunities
- Establishing, cultivating and expanding client account relationships across various functional roles
- Maintaining a sufficient quantity and quality of contact and meeting activity to produce enough new opportunities to meet or exceed quarterly and annual financial goals
- Using the CRM system daily to update account and contact information, schedule and record ongoing sales activities, manage the pipeline of opportunities, and provide forecasts to upper management
- Developing account plans, sales strategies and capture plans for major new opportunities
- Working with service delivery teams to obtain and manage RFQ information necessary for proposal development, and assisting in proposal quality reviews and completion
- Preparing and conducting periodic business review meetings with clients to align with their goals and to manage client loyalty
- Actively participating in trade marketing events
- Having knowledge, training and proficiency in B2B selling methodologies to enable a smooth transition into the Account Manager position
- Having successfully sold professional services or controls technology solutions into industrial manufacturing accounts, establishing rapport with technical contacts, and having productive conversations leading to uncovering opportunities
- Possessing a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or similar related experience
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any cover letter or documents you feel would help us in our evaluation of your qualifications. All resumes we receive will be reviewed by a human being. It is the policy of Polaris Automation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.